Cemeteries

Milton Township maintains two cemeteries:

Eckis Cemetery is located on Newton Falls Road off Palmyra Road. The Cemetery started out as a private Cemetery on the Joshua Eckis farm and in later years was turned over to Milton Township by an heir of the Eckis Family.

Vaughn Cemetery is located on Pine Drive which is off the South end of Grandview Road. Vaughn Cemetery was named after Daniel Vaughn born In 1777 in Voluntown, Connecticut. Vaughn came to Ohio in 1807 and was buried there in 1861. There area many civil war veterans buried in the older section of the Cemetery.

Interesting Fact:
In Eckis, there is a Revolutionary Soldier buried there by the name of John DeLong.  He died at the age of 97.
Find out more at:  www.findagrave.com